At Bowling Green Dental Care, we are always expanding our services in multiple areas. Orthodontics has advanced over the years and we are now pleased to offer our patients with orthodontic treatment.
Both fixed (white brackets) and removable (Clear) braces are available.
We use Quick Straight Teeth™ (QST) for fixed braces and Invisalign™ for removable braces.
Adults looking to straighten their teeth can now get that smile they dreamed of in a short period.
Advantages of QST.
• QST utilises special clear brackets and tooth coloured wire making them virtually invisible to the eyes.
• Fewer dental visits and typically less expensive than traditional braces.
• Average wear time of approximately 3-6 months using low forces to gently move the teeth.
Benefits of well aligned teeth?
• Healthier gums, as teeth are easier to clean.
• Radiant smiles without waiting years
• Medical benefits of maintaining good oral health – fight against tooth wear and gum disease.
• Healthy teeth encourage a nutritional diet by eating a variety of foods.
• Help boost your self esteem.
For patients who suffer from discoloured or stained teeth. The home teeth whitening kits are professionally designed to be safe while restoring the natural whiteness of teeth for a sparkling smile.
Dental implants are the new standard of care for tooth replacement. Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth and can last a lifetime.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are an excellent means of replacing missing teeth. In fact, dental implants are most similar to natural teeth, as compared to dental bridges and dentures. Both front and back teeth can be replaced with dental implants. implants replace tooth roots for tooth loss due to decay, trauma or gum disease. Made from titanium, the dentist inserts implants through the gum tissue into a small custom-drilled space in the jaw bone. The implants are designed to fuse with the jawbone through a process called osseointegration.
Implants also can stabilise artificial tooth installations (dentures) to provide patients with optimum comfort and security. Over time, denture patients suffer from loss of fullness of facial features, due to oral contours and loose dentures. Fortunately, dental implants also provide dentures with improved stability. No more worrying about loose dentures.
Who can benefit from dental implants?
To determine if you are a potential candidate, we examine the condition of your jawbone and determine suitability for the treatment. Our clinician will assess your oral health for the appropriateness of the procedure.
Not everyone is suitable for the treatment. Unsuitable candidates include patients with extremely narrow jaw bones or possess little spaces between the jawbone and sinus cavity.
Benefits of dental implants
- Improved appearance – implants look and feel like natural teeth. It also allows you to retain your natural face shape and smile.
- Improved comfort – implants also eliminate the discomfort from using removable dentures.
- Eating made easier – chewing with dentures can be difficult; dental implants function like normal teeth, allowing you to enjoy favourite treats without any pain.
- Dental implants offer patients an effective, safe and secure way of replacing lost teeth. These do not require special cleaning techniques and lasts for a long period if taken care of properly.
Lip and dermal fillers are used to give fullness to lips and facial features. Our expert clinician, Brij Khaseria, will be able to provide you with these cosmetic treatments using high quality fillers.
Anti-wrinkle treatment is done using botulinum toxin. Botulinum toxin blocks nerve activity in the muscles, thus reduces wrinkle formation.
Both these treatments are reversible and usually needs to be redone every 18-24 months.
Please note: This service is provided at our sister practice on the Narborough road. Please follow Link to visit their website.